CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ashtin's Birth Story Part 1

Ashtin is always full of surprises. We were surprised to find out that we were expecting our third child. I wanted to have three but not so close together. Kevin told me that if it didn't happen as a surprise we would only have had two kids. I'm not a pleasant person pregnant. I get so sick and nauseous and vomit the first 19 weeks. I kept gladware in the car so I could just toss it. I usually have a couple of good weeks from week 20 to 24 and then I feel so uncomfortable and large the remainder of the pregnancy. I actually had a fractured rib from excessive vomiting with Ashtin. The doctor did not know for sure if it was broken because they didn't want to do an x-ray while pregnant. I'm convinced that I get post-pardum depression during pregnancy.
When I first took a pregnancy test and found out it was positive, I immediately said a prayer of thanksgiving and remember telling God that I trusted Him and I knew he would only give me what I could handle. I was really worried about Caden who was 3 1/2 and Finley at 15 months. Neither of them were potty trained and when I'm pregnant dirty diapers also makes me very sick! I have no idea how Kevin put up with me while changing ALL diapers for the next 9 months.
Here is a picture of Finley (14 months old) wearing I'm a Big Sister shirt.
To be continued. . .

0 comments: